When your several layers of security software can't stop, find, or fix your computer virus and spyware problems, then you need to get PC Magazine's top-rated FREE "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" software.
On second thought... you need to be installing "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" even if you think you don't have a computer security problem... because there's A REALLY GOOD CHANCE THAT YOU DO have at least one insidious snooping and potentially destructive piece of software buried in your computer.
Why choose and use "Malwarebytes" to fix your computer problems?
When I mysteriously picked up some malware last week, I tried several other top rated applications (that I've been using for years) to fix my malware-spyware problem... but I had no success. I even used the Microsoft "Command Prompt" to try and manually remove the culprit files directly from the operating system (after I identified them through online research)... still I had no success. Then I came across the PC Magazine article and recommendation that saved me.
"When a Trojan or other malware gets a foothold in your PC's innards, clearing it out can be tough. The nastiest ones fight back, interfering with your attempts to install antivirus software. When that happens, who ya gonna call? In many cases the answer is Malwarebytes."
"Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70 is probably the best-known free removal-only antivirus tool. Even tech support agents for other companies use it. In my own testing it beat out all free and commercial competition, quickly and without any fuss."
Where did you get computer viruses and spyware when you're so careful?
The highly rated Avast Anti-Virus Lab says...
“You may be wondering how you ended up with a virus, especially if you were visiting a ‘normal’ site. The latest research from the avast! Virus Lab shows that more than 80% of malware (viruses, spyware, and the like) spreads through legitimate websites, with only 1% coming from suspicious or ‘dodgy’ sites.”
BTT Closing Comments:
When your system is seriously messed up by some form of computer virus, spyware, malware or whatever crap created by some insidious "jerk"... (which is not any of the names or terms that come to mind for me)... go with the one tested and highly rated software that specializes ONLY on correcting the mess.
IMPORTANT — Info not in the PC Magazine article:
- What if your computer is so messed up that you cannot even install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? They have a product specially for that called "Chameleon". "Malwarebytes Chameleon technology gets Malwarebytes running when blocked by malicious programs." Download Chameleon here.
- Check out some other valuable Malwarebytes software such as "FileASSASSIN" and "RegASSASSIN". Click on: Malwarebytes - "Other Tools"
- The software is FREE, so my testing and success opinion is completely unbiased. The darned stuff works! Plus, I HATE spyware dirtbags that steal so much time from people and perform ID theft activities!!!
Sources for this article:
- "The Best Free Antivirus for 2013" - other product reviews ; PC Magazine - Neil J. Rubenking, May 8, 2013.
- Avast! - Antivirus and related software